Change Management Certificate
Become a change leader, facilitator, and communicator.
Prepare to sponsor and engage in change efforts, conduct diagnostic assessments to define needs, use a proven change model, and design a strategic change plan that minimizes impact and maximizes buy-in.
Change is a key part of talent development (TD). Every learning initiative requires some level of organizational change regardless of whether it is a formal change project. But change isn’t easy, and most change initiatives fail. The question is why? To understand change, you need to understand the people and organization that are impacted. As TD professionals, we are accountable for training and nurturing our colleagues so that they can be their best selves at work. This is never more... Read More
Change is a key part of talent development (TD). Every learning initiative requires some level of organizational change regardless of whether it is a formal change project. But change isn’t easy, and most change initiatives fail. The question is why? To understand change, you need to understand the people and organization that are impacted. As TD professionals, we are accountable for training and nurturing our colleagues so that they can be their best selves at work. This is never more critical than during change.
The ATD Change Management Certificate explores the process of facilitating organizational change and introduces the ATD CHANGE model, a strategic and tactical tool to guide you through the process of leading and influencing change. The program starts with a deep dive into the science of change to understand why change can be hard on both people and organizations. We then move on to the principles and stages of the ATD CHANGE model, grounded in theory and best practices but designed specifically to meet the needs of the TD field. Using a case study and working with an expert facilitator and your peers, you’ll have the chance to apply each stage of the model to a real-world, TD scenario. Armed with a step-by-step approach and plenty of supporting tools and resources, you will leave the program ready to become a change leader who is prepared to navigate the personal and organizational dynamics of change in today’s work environment.
Why You Should Attend:
- Become a trusted resource ready to facilitate all stages of a change initiative in your organization.
- Drive meaningful organizational change using the latest change management and project management resources and tools to increase speed, efficiency, and overall success.
- Plan and prepare change projects by assessing change needs and organizational readiness, building a change team, and forming a change plan.
- Build personal resilience and stamina to navigate the stresses of the change journey and maintain agility to support the needs of stakeholders.
- Earn an industry-recognized certificate, continuing education credits, and an ATD digital badge to share with your networks.
This course is based on the change management capability of the Talent Development Capability Model™. The concepts covered are reflected in the Talent Development Body of Knowledge (TDBoK™), the definitive resource for the talent development profession. In addition, this course’s content is aligned to the Association of Change Management Professionals (ACMP) standards. Read Less
- Conduct diagnostic assessments and other forms of data gathering to define the change efforts needed.
- Analyze data to provide feedback to help clients clarify outcomes, establish expectations, and identify realistic boundaries.
- Understand change management theories, such as systems thinking and open systems theory, chaos and complexity theory, appreciative inquiry, action research, communication theory, and motivation theory.
- Select an appropriate change model and design a strategic plan for change that minimizes the impact on people and maximizes buy-in.
- Create implementation designs that involve and inspire formal and informal leaders.
- Develop communication plans that raise awareness, build commitment, and ensure understanding.
- Manage consequences that may occur, such as conflict, resistance, negativity, and complacency.
New ATD research explores organizational change and the funding levels, staffing, and training that are dedicated for change initiatives. Change is becoming a constant in organizations, and according...
One of the most daunting problems with change management is identifying which model to use. Some people swear by Kurt Lewin’s simple three-step model, others are hooked on Prosci’s ADKAR model,...
Download the brochure to learn everything you need to know about this course.
- Defining Change Management
- Evolution of the Organization
- Systems Thinking
- Change Management Tools
- Project Magnitude
- Change Models
- The Heart of Change
- The Science of Change
- Making the Business Case for Change
- Assessing Organizational Readiness
- Change Leader Roles and Accountabilities
- Building a Change Management Team
- The Change Journey
- Helping Stakeholders Through Change
- Resistance to Change
- Communication Plan
- Adopting and Adapting Processes and Procedures
- Role of the Change Agent
- Sustain the Change
- Evaluating the Change Process
- Wrapping up the Process
- Change Leader’s View of Success
- Change Management Continuum
- Change Management Skills Assessment
- Change Management Team Charter
- Change Process Evaluation Tool
- Change Readiness Checklist
- Commitment Chart
- Components of a Change Management Plan
- Force Field Analysis Tool
- Team Alignment Checklist
- The Change Journey
- The Risk Chart
- Writing a Business Case for Change
This program is designed for TD professionals who are currently responsible for facilitating organizational change projects, leaders who implement organizational change, or those who want to be ready for the challenge of leading or facilitating organizational change in their current or future position. In addition, the skills covered in this course will benefit professionals who are working with change teams or plan to be involved in organizational change in the future.
"Instead of just hoping to survive change, this program gives you the tools (and confidence) to truly facilitate change in your organization. The course and workbook were full of tools, which allowed me to reinforce what I had learned months later in the real world."
"The online program was a great way to learn without travel. The 6 week course was interesting and informative, with break-out sessions and tons of participation as if you were actually in class in person. I would definitely recommend to anyone interested in learning about the process of change."
"My favorite takeaways from the program were the model and the different ways to work with it. I chose ATD because it's the most well-known organization to talent development workers."
Things to Know
For full-day face-to-face and live online programs, participation in all originally scheduled days of the program, including both face-to-face and live online formats, is mandatory in order to receive the certificate of completion and CEUs. Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirement will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
For multi-week, live online programs with five or more sessions, one missed live session can be made up by listening to the session recording in full. Participants who miss more than one live session will not be eligible to receive the certificate. To be marked complete for that one session, please email email@example.com. For programs with four or fewer sessions, attendance at all live sessions is required to receive a certificate. All sessions will be recorded and available for participants to review throughout the program for your reference.
ATD requires active participation throughout the program to receive credit. Active participation in live online sessions includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work. Please note that using a tablet or mobile device significantly limits your ability to fully and actively participate.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, a certificate will be issued to you through the ATD Learning Platform at the end of the program.
14.0 learning hours
1.4 CEUs awarded
This program is eligible for 14.0 professional development hours or recertification points from the ATD Certification Institute (ATD CI) for the APTD or CPTD credential.
This program has been approved for 14.0 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
This program is valid for 14.0 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrm.org/certification.
A laptop computer with Wi-Fi capability is required for both face-to-face and online programs. Please do not bring mobile devices (phones, tablets, etc.) in lieu of a laptop. There will be no computers available on-site for participants. Note: You might not have an optimal experience if you are using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge to access your courses. Chrome is the recommended browser.
ATD LEARNING PORTAL
Enrolled in a program? Sign in to the ATD Learning Portal with your ATD account credentials two weeks before the first day of class to:
- Engage with your facilitator and peers.
- Access pre-work assignments.
- View any technical requirements.
- Review logistical information.
Click here to review our cancellation policy.
ATD HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
View our health protocols for in-person courses.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Have additional questions about ATD courses? Visit our FAQs for answers.